INTERNATIONAL RELATION SPECIALIST - DIPLOMACY AND FOREIGN POLICY
● Desired starting date: immediate
● Duration: A full-time permanent contract
● Experience: PhD or Master’s degree with 5 years of experience
● Language requirements: French and English fluency, Arabic desirable
● Organization: Policy Center for the New South
● Location: Rabat, Morocco
The Policy Center for the New South is a Moroccan think tank aiming to contribute to the improvement of economic and social public policies that challenge Morocco and the rest of Africa as integral parts of the global South. He pleads for an open, accountable and enterprising "new South" that defines its own narratives and mental maps around the Mediterranean and South Atlantic basins, as part of a forward-looking relationship with the rest of the world. Through its analytical endeavors, the think tank aims to support the development of public policies in Africa and to give the floor to experts from the South. This stance is focused on dialogue and partnership, and aims to cultivate African expertise and excellence needed for the accurate analysis of African and global challenges and the suggestion of appropriate solutions.
The department of International relations of the PCNS examines key geopolitics and global governance challenges and opportunities, with a focus on Africa, in order to provide evidence-based policy analysis and recommendations. Through our events, researches and publications, we aim to stimulate understanding of the contemporary international relations, at a time of global political instability, accompanied by threats to international security. To achieve this, we draw on a global network of senior fellows, experts from government, civil society, academics, the research community and business. Key studies include the contemporary international relations, global geopolitical balances, North-South relations, South-South Cooperation, International Law, Africa place in the international system, the Moroccan foreign policy and the regional environment of Morocco.
About the candidate:
The Department of International Relations is looking for one highly qualified International Relations Specialist specialized in Diplomacy and Foreign policy with a special focus on contemporary international relations, Africa and the South Atlantic. The International Relations Specialist: Diplomacy and Foreign Policy explores the aspects of contemporary diplomacy (political, economic digital and many others), and analyses the various determinants of a successful foreign policy which help in shaping foreign policy of a country, with a special focus on Africa. The successful candidate is highly motivated and will work in a team with other IR researchers and report to the head of Department. The role involves close contact with Senior Fellows and experts, policy makers and the research community.
About the mission:
The IR Specialist on Diplomacy and Foreign Policy will work on variety of PCNS operations and analytical activities. Specific assignments may be decided in dialogue with the Research Department Manager and based on priority needs. The IR Specialist on Diplomacy and Foreign Policy will undertake some of the following:
• Provide deep analytical insight and understanding of diplomacy and foreign policy, with responsibility for the execution of strategic initiatives in accordance with the charter of the PCNS and based on a detailed knowledge of international relations dynamics,
• Write a variety of papers for PCNS on a range of diplomacy and foreign affairs issues, to the blog and globally to all publications, both in your own area of expertise as well as other news topics,
• Develop an understanding of and ability to navigate and collaborate with an ecosystem of external analysts/specialists,
• As necessary, represent the PCNS at events/seminars…,
• Promote Morocco’s national interests.
As part of contributing to the general operation of the PCNS activities, the IR Specialist – Diplomacy and Foreign Policy will undertake some of the following:
• Implementing strategically sound analytical methodologies and skilled in coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization,
• Review the work of colleagues and mentor their skills development / serve as a counselor for other analysts and specialists,
• Contribute to other operational activities of the PCNS, in collaboration with other departments.
• PhD or Master with 5 years of experience in Diplomacy, Foreign Policy and International Relations,
• Relevant work experience in research,
• Fluency in French and English language (reading, speaking, listening and writing) is required, with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style,
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
• Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently in a multicultural environment,
• Being flexible to work in several projects at the same time,
• Contract Duration: A full-time permanent contract,
• A competitive salary package including social benefits,
• A passionate, dynamic, multilingual and multidisciplinary team that takes on daily challenges alongside us,
• A corporate culture based on strong values such as integrity, innovation, leadership and trust,
• At PCNS we don’t only offer you a position, we offer you a career. We are committed to supporting you in career path through real training opportunities.
Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.