Research Assistant - Strategic Monitoring and Analysis Unit
● Desired starting date: immediate
● Duration: A full-time permanent contract
● Experience: Master’s degree
● Language requirements: French and English fluency, Arabic desirable
● Organization: Policy Center for the New South
● Location: Rabat, Morocco
The Policy Center for the New South is a Moroccan think tank aiming to contribute to the improvement of economic and social public policies that challenge Morocco and the rest of Africa as integral parts of the global South. He pleads for an open, accountable and enterprising "new South" that defines its own narratives and mental maps around the Mediterranean and South Atlantic basins, as part of a forward-looking relationship with the rest of the world. Through its analytical endeavors, the think tank aims to support the development of public policies in Africa and to give the floor to experts from the South. This stance is focused on dialogue and partnership, and aims to cultivate African expertise and excellence needed for the accurate analysis of African and global challenges and the suggestion of appropriate solutions.
The objective of the Strategic Monitoring and Analysis Unit is to establish and ensure permanent monitoring on selected issues and to provide pertinent and consistent analyses in a timely manner. Coordination is required at different stages of the Unit's workflow. The objective is to better target the strategic issues for the PCNS and its ecosystem.
Commitment, agility, continuous learning, and versatility are the values carried by the members of the team.
Responsabilities and tasks:
- Ensure a permanent monitoring on identified issues (collect data, organize, filter and structure information: initiation to monitoring and strategic analysis and to the methodology for identifying and assessing country risk);
- Write information and analysis notes (frequency varies according to the subject and the context);
- Develop structural notes for selected countries;
- Participate in webinars organized by PCNS or partners and prepare post-meeting notes;
- Write articles (blogs, policy briefs, policy or research papers) on topics of interest to the PCNS;
- Contribution to other activities led by other departments/units.
In addition to your responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the Policy Center for the New South and its ecosystem.
About the candidate:
-Minimum master's degree in one of the following fields:
-International affairs/international relations
-Language skills are a prerequisite.
-Short professional experience (at least one internship) or an equivalent combination of studies and/or experience sufficient to fulfil the essential functions of the job.
-Commitment to work during the agreed hours.
-Synthesis and analysis skills with the ability to draw accurate conclusions.
-Written and oral communication skills.
-Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
-Strong organizational skills.
-Motivation to learn quickly.
-Contract Duration: A full-time permanent contract,
-A competitive salary package including social benefits,
-A passionate, dynamic, multilingual and multidisciplinary team that takes on daily challenges alongside us,
-A corporate culture based on strong values such as integrity, innovation, leadership and trust,
-At PCNS we don’t only offer you a position, we offer you a career. We are committed to supporting you in career path through real training opportunities.
Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.